Adolph started his drum corps career marching with the Ardens Drum and Bugle Corps in Chicago at the age of 11. He then joined The Cavaliers in 1955 and aged out of the corps in 1962. He then became the director of The Cavaliers Cadets in 1971 and served in this capacity before becoming the director of the "A" corps in 1979.
From 1979 to 1991, Adolph helped lead The Cavaliers' resurgence back into the upper echelon of drum corps. In 1991, Adolph stepped down as director, taking over the transportation department and serving as executive vice president on the Board of Directors, as position he held through 2008. Adolph then took over as president in 2009 and returned as corps director from 2010 to 2014.
As a deeply respected mainstay in the drum corps activity, Adolph was inducted into the Drum Corps International Hall of Fame in 2000. His long-time involvement, passion and dedication ensures The Cavaliers continue their tradition of excellence, education and innovation well into the future.